- Bring the cream and milk to a boil.
- Mix in the egg yolks and the sugar using a whisk.
- Temper the hot liquid into the egg mixture and cook it until the mixture reaches 185F or until it coats the back of the spoon.
- Let it cool and set aside.
Basic custard (previous made)
11.5 oz CARAMÉLIA Milk Chocolate
1 tblsp Gelatin
2 1/4 cups Whipping cream 35%
- Bloom the gelatin by soaking it in a large quantity of cold water and drain once fully bloomed.
- Stir the softened and drained gelatin in the hot custard and stir until mix.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate in 30 seconds intervals until completely melt. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. (How to temper chocolate)
Assembly and Finishing
To create an emulsion pour 1/3 of the hot custard over the melted chocolate; using a whisk mix quickly to obtain an elastic and shiny mixture, then add 1/3 more of the hot custard and continue to mix rapidly to emulsify again and then finish with the remaining 2/3 of the hot custard, making sure to completely mix.
It is very important to pour the hot custard gradually in order to get a glossy and very smooth mix; this will make the texture of the mousse very creamy.
Then fold the medium peak whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
Tips to serve: In a cold 4-6oz glass or a martini glass; add a spoon full of whipped cream. You can sprinkle some Valrhona Crunchy Pearls on the top to add some crunchy texture to the creamy mousse.
Back to All Recipes