Almond Inspiration Crème Brûlée
4 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
14 pieces egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup ALMOND INSPIRATION
0.8 cup Almonds, raw blanched slivers
0.3 cup granulated sugar
Chantilly Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
Almond Inspîration Crème Brulée
- Warm cream and milk.
- Whisk yolks and sugar together (add just a small amount of cream/milk mixture so sugar doesn't cook raw yolks).
- Temper together warm liquids and yolks/sugar mixture.
- Pour over chopped ALMOND INSPIRATION.
Blend with immersion blender.
- Pour into ramekins on baking sheets lined with flat paper towel or cloth towel to hold ramekis in place.
- Place in oven and fill baking sheet with water, about halfway up side of ramekin if possible.
- Bake in preheated 325F oven for 20-25min or until almost completely set (just a little jiggly in the center). *time may change depending on size and depth of ramekin.
- Allow to cool and store in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, top with raw sugar and torch sugar to caramelize.
- Place almonds and small amount of sugar in saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until sugar starts to melt and caramelize.
- Continue to add small amounts of sugar and caramelize.
- After all sugar is added and completely caramelized, remove from heat and pour onto parchment paper.
- Allow to cool. Store in closed container, away from moisture.
Chantilly Whipped Cream:
- Whip cream and sugar with stand mixer until light and fluffy (do not over whip). *using a pre-chilled bowl and whipping on medium speed will yield best texture and volume.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.