CHOCOLATE DIPPED BROWN BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES
An original recipe from Sloane Papa
Category: Cookies and Bars
Chocolate Dipped Brown Butter Shortbread Cookies:
227g (1 cup) solid, soft brown butter, start with 283g/1 cup + 4 tbsp unsalted butter
113g (1 cup) powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
½ tsp kosher salt
240g (2 cups) all purpose flour
113g (4 oz) Valrhona Jivara 40% Milk Chocolate
AN Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
Chocolate Dipped Brown Butter Shortbread Cookie:
- Start by making the brown butter. In a small saucepan, heat 283g (1 cup + 4 tbsp) of unsalted butter over medium heat for several minutes, swirling to even out the color. The butter will be ready once the fat solids have separated and darkened, and the butter is an even medium amber color.
- Weigh out 227g (1 cup) of the brown butter in a large bowl. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes until solid, yet soft.
- Add the solid, yet soft brown butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- While mixing on low speed, add the sifted powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Add in the flour, and mix until just combined.
- Divide the dough between large sheets of parchment paper. Shape each into a log about 2” in diameter. Wrap the parchment paper around and roll the dough until it forms a smooth, even log. Tie up the ends, then chill in the fridge for at least one hour or up to a few days.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the parchment paper and slice ¼” thick cookies. Place all of the cookies on one baking sheet, then freeze for 15 minutes.
- Place the frozen cookie dough on the baking sheet about 1” apart and bake for about 12 minutes or until barely golden on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, add the Valrhona Jivara 40% Milk Chocolate to a medium bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir frequently until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each shortbread cookie in the melted chocolate, top with flaky sea salt, and enjoy!
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account