CHOCOLATE YUZU MACARONS
YUZU MACARONS (COCOA SHELL):
125g almond flour
150g confectioner’s sugar
25g COCOA POWDER
50g egg whites
50g egg whites
INSPIRATION YUZU GANACHE:
115g whole milk
10g acacia honey
380g YUZU INSPIRATION
- Combine the sifted almond flour, confectioner’s sugar and the COCOA POWDER. and mix well.
- Add the first addition of 50g egg whites to form a paste and set aside.
- Cook the 150g sugar of sugar and water to 244.4° F (118°C) in a pot over medium/low heat.
- Meanwhile, lightly whip the other 50g of egg whites on medium speed.
- When the sugar is up to temperature, pour the sugar syrup into the whipped egg whites.
- Slowly pour down the side of the bowl to prevent the sugar from attaching to the whisk.
- Beat at medium speed until the meringue cooled and thick, then add to the first mixture, in three additions.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixtures together gently, scraping the sides of the bowl with each turn, until the batter is smooth, creamy, and shiny. This is called “macaroning”.
- Use a piping bag with an 8mm nozzle to pipe the macarons onto baking paper and bake in a fan oven at 285°F (140°C) for 12-13 minutes.
- Heat the whole milk and honey then pour a third of the mixture over the melted INSPIRATION YUZU. Mix vigorously, then add another third the same way.
- Blend with a hand blender and incorporate the final third as you do so.
- Place some plastic wrap on the mixture’s surface and store in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Turn over the baked and cooled macarons.
- Fill them with ganache using a piping bag and assemble them in pairs.
- Macarons can be stored in the freezer.
*Chef’s tip: Remember to take the ganache out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before assembling your macarons so that it is easier to pipe out.