CITRUS, THYME AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
105g raw cane sugar
zest of 1 orange
zest of 1 lemon
3g fresh thyme
15g multi-flower honey
240g creamed butter
245g bread flour or wholemeal flour
6g baking powder
140g DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Mix the butter, sugar, citrus zest, thyme and honey until smooth. Then add the eggs and mix.
- Add the flour and baking powder (which you have sifted together in advance). Mix.
- Finish by adding the DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS to this mixture.
- Spread the mixture between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper to a depth of 4 to 5mm.
- Put in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the greaseproof paper, cut into the desired shape using a cutter and sprinkle on a light covering of thyme.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. Bake in a fan-assisted oven at 300-320°F (150-160°C) for 15 minutes. .
*Chef’s tip: These cookies can be stored for about 10 days in a metal container. To enhance their aroma, a thyme-scented honey is your ideal choice.