DAD’S FAVORITE BROWNIES
1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon (2 grams) kosher salt
1 cup/6 ounces (170 grams) Ivoire 35%, chopped
1 stick/1⁄2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cubed
1⁄2 cup (110 grams) granulated sugar
2 large (100 grams) eggs
1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
3⁄4 cup (120 grams) Dark Chocolate 52% Chips
1 cup/6 ounces (170 grams) Jivara 40%, chopped
11⁄2 cups (185 grams) unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 ̊F. Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a small saucepan over low heat, melt Ivoire 35% White Chocolate, butter, and granulated sugar together. Continuously mix, using a rubber spatula, making sure the mixture doesn’t burn. Once the mixture has melted, set it aside to cool.
- Once cooled to room temperature, whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Switch back to the rubber spatula, and fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Add the chocolate chips, gently stirring so they do not melt. Pour into the prepared pan and use an offset spatula to spread the mixture out evenly.
- Bake 25–30 minutes, until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean. While the brownies bake, begin melting the milk chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave (see page 20 for chocolate melting instructions).
- Remove brownies from the oven and pour melted chocolate over the top, spreading evenly into a thin layer. Top with chopped macadamia nuts, gently pushing down to make sure they stick. Allow brownies to fully cool before slicing into 1-inch wedges.