DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAMPFIRE COOKIES
An original recipe by Chef Sarah Tibbetts
Category: Cookies and Bars
Yields 18 cookies
INGREDIENTS3 1/3 cups (483g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp (6.6g) baking soda
1 ½ tsp (6.2g) baking powder
1 ¼ tsp (6g) sea salt
2 1/2 sticks (283g) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (284g) light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 TBSP (227g) granulated sugar
2 ea large eggs
2 tsp Vanilla extract
5 ¼ oz (150g) Guanaja 70% Dark Chocolate melted
5 2/3 oz (160g) Guanaja 70% Dark Chocolate chopped
5 2/3 oz (160g) Bahibé 46% Milk Chocolate chopped
½ cup (40g) mini freeze-dried marshmallows
5/6 cup (80g) Graham crackers, large pieces
1 cup (100g) pecan pieces, lightly toasted
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- Add the quantity of Guanaja 70% Dark Chocolatemelted. Mix until combined.
- Fold in both chopped chocolates, Guanaja 70% Dark Chocolate and Bahibé 46% Milk Chocolate, mini marshmallows, graham cracker pieces, and pecans by hand.
- Remove dough from bowl and form two square pads of dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Dough can also be frozen until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop 3 ½ oz (100g) balls of dough (the size of large golf balls), baking 4 to 6 on a tray at a time. Do not flatten cookie balls, as they will spread on their own.
- Bake 18-20 minutes and remove from oven. Cool on a wire rack before eating.