EVERYTHING PASSION COOKIE
Recipe by Chef Derek Poirier, Valrhona Pastry Chef
Category: Cookies and Bars
400 g butter
9 g salt
300 g sugar
300 g brown sugar
163 g eggs
425 g pastry flour
9 g baking soda
109 g coconut flakes
275 g peanuts
163 g oats
25 g almond paste
13 g cream
- Cream the butter and sugar. Then add in the eggs.
- Add the flour and baking soda.
- Mix in the coconut, peanuts, and oats. Then add in your chopped PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION and ORELYS 35% Blond Chocolate.
- Roll into a 2 inch diameter log wrapped in plastic wrap, and rest in the refrigerator.
- Melt the PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION. Add the heated cream gradually, whisking to create an emulsion.
- Once the mixture is completely combined and shiny, gradually add this Passion Fruit Ganache to the warmed almond paste. Mix well or use an immersion blender to completely combine.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
- Cut the cookie dough into slices.
- Take a small scoop of the INSPIRATION Filling, and place it on the middle of a slice of cookie dough. Place another slice of cookie dough on top to completly sandwich the INSPIRATION Filling. Pinch the edges together.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.