HAZELNUT AND AZÉLIA COOKIES
An original recipe from L'Ecole Gourmet Valrhona
Category: Cookies and Bars
Makes 15 cookies
70g raw cane sugar
70g hazelnut powder
70g whole wheat flour
180g AZÉLIA 35%
20g melted butter
80g chopped hazelnuts
1 ea vanilla pod
- Mix the sugar, hazelnut powder, and flour.
- Add the cold butter and mix into a ball of dough.
- Cut into small pieces and bake at 160°C (320°F) for 14 minutes. Let cool.
- Scale-out 250g of shortbread and then chop into rough pieces.
- Melt the AZÉLIA 35% with the butter.
- Mix the chopped shortbread, rolled oats, chopped roasted hazelnuts and coat them with the melted AZÉLIA 35% butter mixture then form cookies (of approx. 45g ) on a sheet pan, without compressing them too much, and leave them in the fridge to set.
- Let sit in the fridge to harden before serving.