PASSION FRUIT TAHINI THUMBPRINT
4 ozs unsalted butter (room temperature)
4 oz PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION (melted)
6 oz sugar
6 oz tahini paste (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
10 oz all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 oz simple syrup (50/50)
2 oz egg whites
black sesame seeds (as needed)
- Cream together the butter, melted PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION, sugar, tahini paste, vanilla extract and salt until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl occasionally to fully blend the ingredients.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Blend into the butter mixture until just incorporated.
- Turn the dough a few times with a spatula to ensure an even mix.
- Scoop immediately with a 2 oz portion scooper on to a sheet pan. Wrap tightly in plastic and chill at least 4 hours.
- To bake, pre-heat the oven to 325˚F (convection).
- Prepare a sheet pan with a pan liner or parchment. On a separate sheet pan, brush the dough balls with the egg white and simple syrup mixture. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Arrange the dough balls on the prepared sheet pan leaving 3-4 inches of space for spreading.
- Bake for 7 minutes, rotate the pan and bake 2 more minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and press the ‘thumbprint’ indention into each cookie. A cocktail muddler is great for this. Return to the oven and bake 5 more minutes until set and lightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolates together.
- Bring the milk to a simmer. Add to the chocolate in 4 additions, mixing to combine. Finish with an immersion blender for a perfect emulsion.
- Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature, but not crystallize.
- Pipe into the cookie indentions and allow to crystallize completely.
- Store in an airtight container.