STRAWBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
An original recipe by Chef Orlando J. Soto
Category: Cookies and Bars
INGREDIENTS150g 160g unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
150g light brown sugar
8g vanilla extract
195g rolled oats
150g all-purpose flour
2g baking soda
2g baking powder
30g freeze-dried strawberries
120g STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, mix or cream the butter and sugars together at high speed for about 1 minute, then at high speed for 1 more minute. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing at medium speed. Once the last egg is in, finish with the extract and mix at high speed for 1 minute, until it looks like the lightest shade of pearly yellow. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula, again.
- Separately, mix the dry ingredients together, and add all at once to the egg-butter mixture. Paddle it on the lowest setting until it just comes together. You should still be able to see some dry flour.
- Add the strawberry chocolate, mix at low speed for 15 seconds. Follow with the dried strawberries and do the same. The dough should be very pliable and creamy-looking.
- Scoop or roll into logs and freeze for 6-8 hours for best results when baking.
- To bake, set an oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet tray with parchment and place cookie scoops or cuts at least 11/2” apart, depending on the cookie size. For best results, allow the cookies to thaw out for 10-15 minutes before baking (while the oven preheats). Then bake for 5-6 minutes, turn the tray and bake for another 5-6 minutes. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes. They will be super soft and hard to grab straight out of the oven.