STRAWBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
An original recipe by Chef Orlando J. Soto
Category: Cookies and Bars
INGREDIENTS160g unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
150g light brown sugar
8g vanilla extract
195g rolled oats
150g all-purpose flour
2g baking soda
2g baking powder
30g freeze-dried strawberries
120g Strawberry Inspiration
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, mix or cream the butter and sugars together at high speed for about 1 minute, then at high speed for 1 more minute. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing at medium speed. Once the last egg is in, finish with the extract and mix at high speed for 1 minute, until it looks like the lightest shade of pearly yellow. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula, again.
- Separately, mix the dry ingredients together, and add all at once to the egg-butter mixture. Paddle it on the lowest setting until it just comes together. You should still be able to see some dry flour.
- Add the strawberry chocolate, mix at low speed for 15 seconds. Follow with the dried strawberries and do the same. The dough should be very pliable and creamy-looking.
- Scoop or roll into logs and freeze for 6-8 hours for best results when baking.
- To bake, set an oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet tray with parchment and place cookie scoops or cuts at least 11/2” apart, depending on the cookie size. For best results, allow the cookies to thaw out for 10-15 minutes before baking (while the oven preheats). Then bake for 5-6 minutes, turn the tray and bake for another 5-6 minutes. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes. They will be super soft and hard to grab straight out of the oven.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account