195g egg whites
50g all-purpose flour
25g acacia honey
235g almond flour
210g browned butter
95g CARAÏBE 66%
HONEY AND CARAÏBE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
200g heavy cream 36%
35g acacia honey
165g CARAÏBE 66%
- Mix the egg whites, the flour, the sugar, the honey and the almond flour.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, cook the brown butter and add to the mixture. Allow to cool for a few moments, finely chop the CARAÏBE 66% chocolate fèves and add them to the mixture.
- Heat the cream and honey together.
- Combine with the melted CARAÏBE 66% chocolate at 140°F (60°C), mixing in the centre to create an elastic texture and shiny core. This is a sign that the emulsion is started.
- Maintain this texture throughout the mixing process.
- Pipe approximately 50g of cake mixture into baba molds.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C), then bake the cakes at 355°F (180°C) for 15 minutes between two baking trays.
- Remove from the molds and allow to cool.
- Pour a little ganache into the center, but do not fill to the top.
Note: Reserve the ganache at room temp and make right before you bake the cakes. You want the ganache to be warm when you pour into the cakes, rather than chilled and crystallized.