An original recipe by Chef Guillemette Auboyer
For 20 cookies
Category: Cookies and Bars
Preparation: 2 hours
Baking: 8 minutes maximum
For the vanilla crème pâtissière:
1 Egg yolks
1 bean Norohy Vanilla Bean
- Prepare the crème pâtissière: In a saucepan, heat up the milk and split and scored vanilla bean. Quickly beat the yolks and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the cornstarch.
- Gradually add in the hot milk, stirring all the while. Pour the mixture into the saucepan and leave it to thicken, again stirring constantly. As soon as it starts to boil, pour the crème into a small bowl and
- leave it to cool. Seal with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Mix together the butter and sugars in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly to make the texture creamier, then add in the egg. Whisk for another minute to make it light and airy.
- Incorporate the flour, cocoa, baking powder and chocolate. Mix quickly, but be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Shape into small, approx. 40-50g balls, then place them on a tray and make a hollow in each one. Fill each hollow with a teaspoon of crème pâtissière and seal up the hole.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten them slightly.
- Bake for a maximum of 8 minutes even if they don’t look completely cooked at the end, as they will keep baking on the tray outside of the oven.
- Take the tray out of the oven, leave it to cool, then remove the cookies.