DAIRY-FREE OAT MILK ORIADO CHOCOLATE PUDDING
An original recipe by Jessie Sheehan
Category: Cremes and Mousse
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 cups (470ml) oat milk
3/4 cup (115g) Oriado 60%, chopped
2 tsp vanilla extract
AN lightly sweetened whipped cream for serving
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in the oat milk.
- Over medium to medium-high heat, continuously whisk the mixture until it thickens and large bubbles begin popping on the surface, 5 to 7 minutes. Once bubbling, continue whisking for 1 to 2 more minutes before removing the pan from the heat. Whisk in the chocolate and vanilla until the chocolate melts.
- Transfer the pudding to 5 half-cup, 120 ml, ramekins, cover each with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic touches the pudding to avoid a skin forming, and place in the refrigerator to set up, about 2 hours.
- Serve with dollops of lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- The pudding will keep in the refrigerator tightly covered in plastic wrap for up to 3 days.