KIDAVOA POT DE CRÈME
Original recipe by Sarah Tibbetts, L’École Valrhona Pastry Chef
Category: Crèmes and Mousses
INGREDIENTSCalculated for 30 small verrines
Pot de Crème:
250g heavy cream
90g egg yolk
407g Kidavoa Milk Chocolate
4g vanilla extract
42g sunflower seed oil
400g old fashion oats
150g light brown sugar
65g whole wheat flour
105g pecans pieces (raw)
130g Kidavoa Milk Chocolate (chopped)
80g banana chips
Pot de crème:
- Melt the Kidavoa Milk Chocolate and set aside.
- Combine the milk and cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk the sugar into the egg yolks and temper into the hot liquid. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a spatula until the mixture is slightly thickened and coats the back of the spatula 183°F (84°C).
- Remove from heat and strain immediately. Slowly pour the hot mixture over the melted Kidavoa Milk Chocolate mixing well with each addition until a shiny, elastic mixture is formed.
- Finish with an immersion blender to perfect the emulsion.
- Immediately mold into verrines and chill uncovered.
- Melt the butter, then add vanilla extract, oil, and honey.
- Combine the oats, sugar, whole wheat flour, salt and cinnamon, mix thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until saturated.
- Add pecans and spread the mixture on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake at 330°F (165°C) until golden brown.
- Cool completely before adding the chopped Kidavoa Milk Chocolate and banana chips.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account