Nyangbo Stracciatella Dome
NYANGBO STRACCIATELLA DOME
An original recipe by L'École Gourmet Valrhona Chef Philippe Barret
Makes 10 domes
Category: Cremes and Mousses
- Heat the milk to approx. 140°F (60°C) and add the rehydrated gelatin.
- Pour over the melted IVOIRE 35% chocolate a little bit at a time while stirring vigorously with a spatula.
- Combine using a hand blender.
- At the same time, whip the 200g of cream until soft peaks. Check the ganache’s temperature: It should be between 95°F and 104°F (35°C and 40°C). Gently fold in the whipped cream and fold in the unmelted NYANGBO GROUND CHOCOLATE.
- Pour 45 to 50g of this mixture into 6.5cm round silicone moulds and store immediately in the freezer.
CHOCOLATE PRALINÉ CRUNCHY BASE:
- Melt the NYANGBO GROUND CHOCOLATE and add the 50% ALMOND & HAZELNUT PRALINÉ. Mix.
- Then gently fold in the crêpe dentelle pieces (or the substituted crispy wheat flake cereal).
- Spread the mixture to a thickness of 0.5cm on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Leave to stiffen in the refrigerator or freezer.
- When you are ready to assemble, use a cutter to cut it into 7.5cm circles.
PRALINÉ CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- Melt the NYANGBO GROUND CHOCOLATE and add the 50% ALMOND & HAZELNUT PRALINÉ.
- Mix using a hand blender.
- Heat the milk and cream then gradually combine it with the chocolate- praliné mixture.
- Mix using a hand blender and set aside.
- When the mousses are frozen, turn them out and place them on a chocolate praliné sponge circle.
- Arrange each dome attractively on a plate with some praliné chocolate sauce.