SUGAR & SPICE PANNA COTTA
500g whole milk
400g whipping cream
100g Almond And Hazelnut Praliné
500g Orelys 35%
10g powdered gelatin
50g cold water (for gelatin)
1 bean Norohy Vanilla Bean, (seeds only, optional)br />
619g apple slices
0.8g apple pie spice mixture
77g light brown sugar
58g granulated sugar
0.8g corn starch
121g apple cider
0.6g apple cider vinegar
Praliné Whipped Ganache:
40g non-fat dry milk powder
3g powdered gelatin
15g cold water (for gelatin)
130g egg whites
225g whipping cream
110g Cocoa Butter
270g 60% Almond And Hazelnut Praliné
80g muscavado sugar
80g light brown sugar
240g all-purpose flour
4.5g ground ginger
3g ground cinnamon
0.8g ground cloves
0.8g ground allspice
140g butter (cold)
- Combine the milk and cream- bring to a boil with the vanilla seeds.
- Bloom the gelatin in the cold water, then add to the hot mixture.
- Melt the Orelys 35% chocolate and add the 60% Almond and Hazelnut Praliné.
- Slowly pour the hot liquid over the melted chocolate/Praliné, stirring constantly, to emulsify.
- Finish with an immersion blender and pour into vessels.
- In a pot, combine the apples, spices, both sugars and corn starch - toss to completely coat the apples.
- Cook on medium heat until apples start to release water. As the apples cook, add the apple cider to prevent them from sticking to the pan. Cook until soft and translucent.
- While still hot, process cooked apples in a blender or with an immersion blender to a very smooth consistency.
- Mix in apple cider vinegar and chill.
- Mix the non-fat dry milk powder with the ice cream stabilizer and bring to a boil with the water.
- Add the bloomed gelatin and stir until melted.
- Melt the Cocoa Butter and add to the 60% Almond and Hazelnut Praliné.
- Add the hot liquid slowly to the praliné mixture, stirring constantly to emulsify.
- Add the egg whites and cold cream, then finish with an immersion blender.
- Pour into a shallow container and let set for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight for best results, before whipping.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the diced cold butter. Mix on low/medium speed until pea sized pieces are formed, add the molasses.
- Bake at (157-160°C) 315-320°F on a parchment lined tray- take care to spread and redistribute the streusel to ensure even baking. Cool before using.
- Once the Orelys Panna is set in the glasses, pipe a small amount of Apple Butter on one side.
- Whip the Pecan Whipped Ganache to medium peaks and pipe on the other side of the verrines.
- Finish with Gingerbread Streusel and Orelys chocolate décor.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account