VANILLA PANNA COTTA TOPPED WITH PINEAPPLE COMPOTE
An original recipe by: Guillemette Auboyer
Yield:MAKES 6 PANNA COTTA
500ml Heavy cream 36%
2g Agar Agar
1 Norohy Madagascar Vanilla Bean
1 Juice of 1 lemon
ASSEMBLY, FINISHING & PLATING:
- Prepare the pineapple compote: Peel and finely dice the pineapple.
- Cook it on a low heat in a small saucepan along with the sugar and lemon juice for approx. 10 minutes or until the pineapple is very soft.
- Leave to cool, then mix in a food processor.
- Prepare the panacotta: Put the cream, agar-agar and split and scraped vanilla bean in a large saucepan and bring it to a boil, stirring all the while. Take it off the heat.
- Incorporate the sugar, remove the vanilla bean and pour the cream into small glasses.
- Leave to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, spread the pineapple compote over the panacottas.