DOUGHNUT-STYLE BRIOCHE WITH A GUANAJA MOLTON CENTER
An original recipe by L’École Gourmet Valrhona
Makes 12 Pieces
250g pastry flour
15g fresh yeast
12ea Guanaja Dark Chocolate Etnao Insert
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator
- Mix together all the ingredients apart from the butter
- Knead in a stand mixer for approx. 10 minutes, then slowly incorporate the butter until the dough starts coming away from the bowl.
- Ideally, the dough temperature should be between 75 and 77°F (24°C and 25°C) once it has been kneaded.
- Place the dough in a mixing bowl and cover with a clean cloth.
- Leave for no more than 2 hours to mature at room temperature to start the rising process and release the aroma precursors
- Knock back the dough and spread it out onto a tray, covering with plastic wrap.
- Leave to stiffen overnight in the refrigerator
- Cut it into 50g pieces and put a Guanaja Dark Chocolate Etnao Insert inside each one.
- Heat the oil to 285°F (140°C).
- Immerse the brioche balls in it for 5 minutes and drain them on kitchen paper or a clean cloth.
- Then heat the oil to 355°F (180°C) and immerse the brioches again for 1 to 2 minutes until golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper or clean cloth to get rid of any excess oil.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and serve.
*Chef’s tip:If you make your doughnut-style brioches in advance, warm them in the oven for 5 minutes at 340°F (170°C) before serving
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account