An original recipe by Chef Guillemette Auboyer
For 12 cannelé
Category: Cookies and Bars
Baking: 55 minutes
Refigirate: 24 hours
For the base:
500ml ;whole milk
1 bean Norohy Vanilla Bean
2 egg yolks
125g All-purpose flour
Finishing & Plating:
- Put the milk and split and scored vanilla bean in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Take the pan off the heat, add in the butter and leave it to melt. Take out the vanilla bean and set it aside.
- Whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar in a large bowl, then incorporate the flour. Gradually add in the milk, stirring all the while until the consistency is similar to a crêpe mix.
- Add the rum and put the vanilla bean back in to infuse. Leave to rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 520°F (270°C).
- Use a spray oil to grease the inside of 12 fluted copper or aluminum molds.
- Spread the dough into the molds and bake. After 10 minutes, turn down the oven’s temperature to 390°F (200°C) and keep baking for approx. 45 minutes. The cannelés should be dark brown on the surface. Turn out the cannelés while they are still a little warm.