CHOCOLATE CHIP SCONES
An original recipe by Ginger Elizabeth Hahn, Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates
3 3/4 cups bread flour
1 Tbs + 2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups heavy cream (for brushing on the top)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (176°C). In a bowl mix together the bread flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS 60% with a spoon.
- In a standing mixer bowl add the cream and vanilla extract. Place the dry ingredients on top of the cream.
- With a paddle attachment or by hand mix the scones until just combined. Roll out dough onto a flat work surface and gently knead the dough if needed.
- Divide into 3 parts. With a 6" ring or freehand press one part of dough into a 1" high by 6" diameter puck.
- Do this with both the remaining dough parts. Cut each puck into 6 sections like a pie.
- Divide onto 2 baking sheets. Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown. Turn sheet pan halfway through baking. Cool and enjoy!