CHURROS CON CHOCOLATE
An original recipe by Chef Paola Marocchi
1000 g cream
150 g sugar
1 bean Norohy Vanilla Bean
429 g water
115 g butter
323 g AP flour
113 g queso fresco
100 g eggs
AN cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Bring half and half and the milk to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil again, being careful to stir constantly so the chocolate doesn't burn and stick to the bottom.
- Whisk all ingredients until medium peaks.
- Bring water, salt and butter to a boil.
- Add sifted flour at once off the stove and mix to combine.
- Put back on the stove, and continue to mix and cook until a thin layer of dough forms on the bottom of the pot.
- Place dough on mixer and with paddle start to slowly mix for a couple of minutes until dough cools.
- Add queso fresco and mix to combine.
- Add eggs in two parts and mix to combine.
- Place on a pipping bag.
- Keep at room temperature, fry at 350°F (176°C).
- When golden brown, remove from the fryer with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on a tray lined with paper towel. Allow the excess oil to drip off, then toss in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar while still hot. Serve immediately.
- Pour the hot chocolate into a small dish, and spoon the whip chream into another. Serve with the hot churros and use for dipping.