LES PETITS CHOUX ANDOA
Pâte à Choux:
160g whole milk
4g fine salt
1g vanilla powder
180g all-purpose flour
220g (+) eggs
45g golden flax seeds
45g chopped hazelnuts
AN pearl sugar
ANDOA MILK 39% Chocolate Whipped Ganache:
810g (225g + 585g) heavy cream
25g corn syrup
25g acacia honey
310g ANDOA MILK 39%
- Place the milk, water, butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flour with a plastic spatula.
- Return to the stove and continue mixing over medium low heat for 1-2 minutes to dry out the paste. When the paste starts to stick to the bottom of the pot, remove from the heat and place in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix on low until there is no longer steam coming from the bowl (mixture should still be hot), about 30 seconds.
- Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add just enough egg to make a paste that keeps its shape and is not too runny.
- Fold in the flax seeds and chopped hazelnuts.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a round tip and pipe three rounds right next to each other on a Silpat lined baking tray. Repeat, leaving space between each section of three. Sprinkle with pearl sugar.
- Bake immediately at 350F for 20-25 minutes without opening the door. Reduce the heat to 330F once the choux just begins to brown, and continue baking for 10-15 min longer to dry out the choux.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until just melted.
- Place the smaller quantity of cream, corn syrup, and honey in a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour the hot liquid over the melted chocolate and mix well after each addition.
- Process with an immersion blender.
- Add the quantity of cold cream and process again with the immersion blender.
- Pour into a shallow container and place plastic wrap directly on the surface. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before using.
- Slice the cooled choux lengthwise to create two halves.
- While the ganache to medium soft peaks. Place in a piping bag with a round tip and pipe three rounds of whipped ganache on the bottom half of the choux.
- Place the top on and gently press. Serve immediately or refrigerate.