An original recipe by Guillemette Auboyer
Yield: Makes 30 Beignets
FOR THE BASE:
160g All-purpose flour
5g Baking Powder
1 bean Madagascar Vanilla Bean
FINISHING & PLATING:
- Preheat the oil in a deep fat fryer or large saucepan.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks, sugar, yogurt and split and scored vanilla bean.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and mix well. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold them gently into the previous mixture.
- When the oil has come to temperature 340-355°F (or 170-180°C) on your thermometer, tip in the small dough balls using a teaspoon.
- Give them a golden brown color by turning them over midway through the cooking process (approx. 2 minutes for each side).
- Place them on a plate covered with kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve warm.