ALMOND INSPIRATION CARROT CAKE
1 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups carrots, grated or finely food processed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
6 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
Almond Inspiration Frosting
3 cups sweet cream butter, room temp
6 cups powdered sugar
1 cup ALMOND INSPIRATION, melted
- For the cake, preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 3 8-inch cake rounds and line with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer, beat together oil, carrots, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined and smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and almond extract. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients and beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared baking pans. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Transfer the baking pans to a cooling rack and let the cakes rest about 15 minutes before turning out.
Almond Inspiration Frosting:
- For the frosting, portion out 1 cup of Almond Inspiration feves. Melt in a glass bowl over a double boiler or in a microwave in 30 second increments. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter on low just until creamy. Add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time letting the powdered sugar cream before adding the next cup. While the mixer is on low, slowly pour the melted Almond Inspiration.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING