40g egg yolks
110g (85g + 25g) sugar
65g egg whites
25g cocoa powder
MANJARI 64% CREAM:
125g whole milk
125g heavy cream
50g egg yolks
2g gelatin sheets
110g MANJARI 64%
IVOIRE 35% Vanilla Kirsch Whipped Ganache:
330g (90g + 240g) heavy cream
10g acacia honey
10g glucose (or corn syrup)
120g IVOIRE 35%
2 ea vanilla bean
140g frozen cherries
70g cherries in alcohol (or frozen cherries)
4g gelatin sheet
Chocolate Liquor Soaking Syrup:
40g chocolate liquor
1 ea vanilla bean
MANJARI 64% Chocolate Icing Shell:
800g MANJARI 64%
80g grape seed oil
- Whip the egg yolks, whole eggs, and 85g of sugar with a hand mixer.
- Beat 25g of sugar with the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into first mixture.
- Mix in the flour and cocoa.
- Weigh 360g of batter on a 30 x 40 cm baking sheet and spread out with an angled spatula.
- Bake at 446°F (230°C) in a convection oven for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Over medium heat, heat the milk and cream.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Pour in the hot liquid while stirring.
- Return everything to the saucepan over low heat. Stir gently until the cream thickened slightly. Using a thermometer, cook until the temperature is 82°C.
- Once the temperature is reached, remove the saucepan from the heat and strain.
- Add the gelatin previously softened in the cold water and wrung out.
- Pour in the melted MANJARI 64% chocolate and blend with an immersion blender to a perfect emulsion.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Heat 90g of cream with the glucose (or corn syrup), honey and the two split and scraped vanilla beans.
- Pour in the melted IVOIRE 35% chocolate and stir vigorously.
- Mix and add 240g of cold cream with the kirsch.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator, ideally overnight.
- Defrost and blend 140g Frozen cherries in a food processor to make them into a purée.
- Soak the gelatin in a large amount of cold water and wring it out.
- Chop the 70g cherries.
- Heat half the purée with sugar at 140°F (60°C), soak the gelatin in a large quantity of cold water. When soft (3-5min), squeeze out the excess water and add to the hot liquid..
- Pour 125g of jelly into the already assembled dessert frame and place everything in the freezer.
- Boil the water, sugar, and the split and scraped vanilla bean. Place in the fridge.
- Mix the syrup and add the chocolate liqueur.
- Melt the MANJARI 64% chocolate at 40°C and add the grape seed oil. Use at around 90°F (35°C).
- Cut 4 strips of chocolate biscuit 30 x 10 cm.
- In an approximately 12 inches by 4 inches dessert frame, place a strip of biscuit and soak it with the soaking syrup, pipe and smooth over 125g of MANJARI 64% Cream then cover with a strip of biscuit, soak and place in freezer.
- Spread the whipped ganache until a whip to medium soft peaks is obtained. Pipe and smooth 125g of this preparation on the second biscuit then cover with a strip of biscuit, soak and place in the freezer.
- Make the morello cherry jelly and pour 125g over the third cookie. smooth and place the last biscuit strip on top. Soak it then place it in the freezer.
- Once well frozen, frame and cut 3 cm wide pieces.
- Coat the top and sides with MANJARI 64% Chocolate Icing Shell. Place in the freezer.
- Put in the refrigerator the day before for optimal tasting.
- Note: It is possible to make the whipped ganache without the Kirsch as you wish.