An original L’École Valrhona recipe
Category: Cakes and Tarts
Staled Butter Caramel
185g heavy cream 36%
1/2 ea vanilla bean (or vanilla extract)
20g corn syurp
50g salted butter
- Mix the eggs and brown sugar together.
- Melt the butter and GUANAJA Dark Chocolate or CARAIBE Dark Chocolate, then incorporate into your first mixture.
- Add the sifted flour and COCOA POWDER.
- Add half of the roughly chopped nuts
- Pour into a rectangle pan and sprinkle with the remaining chopped nuts.
- Bake at 340°F (170°C) for 17 minutes
SALTED BUTTER CARAMEL:
- Heat the cream and infuse with the split and scraped vanilla bean.
- Slowly warm the glucose, then progressively add the sugar and heat to obtain a light caramel.
- Add the salted butter. Strain the hot infused cream, and add to the mixture.
- Heat to 245°F (118°C).
- Immediately pour into a large bowl and leave to cool until you are ready to assemble
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING