CARAMÉLIA BANANA BREAD
An original recipe by Chef Sarah Tibbetts
Yields one loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5”), around 2 ¼ lb (1kg) per loaf
11oz (315g) very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
2/3 cup (142g) sugar
1/3 cup (56g) canola oil
2 ea (110g) whole eggs
1 ½ tsp (4g) vanilla extract
1 2/3 cup (270g) all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10g) baking powder
½ tsp (2.5g) fine sea salt
¼ tsp (1g) baking soda
3 ¾ oz (108g) Caramélia Milk Chocolate
½ cup (60g) pecan pieces, lightly toasted
- Peel the bananas and place in a medium bowl. Mash with a potato masher until no large lumps are left.
- Add the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the chopped Caramélia Milk Chocolate and pecan pieces.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350F (177C) until a tester comes out clean when inserted in the center, around 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before removing from loaf pan.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to continue cooling. Enjoy warm or cool completely and wrap to store.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account