Chocolate crispy cereal cake
KOMUNTU 80% CHOCOLATE AND ALMOND CAKE:
90g Soft unsalted butter
2g Fine salt
1/2 Lemon zest
6g Instant coffee
70g Almond flour
145g Komuntu 80% Dark Chocolate
70g All-purpose flour
5g Baking powder
15g Cocoa powder
75g Heavy cream 36%
145g Whole milk
KOMUNTU 80% CHOCOLATE AND ALMOND CRISP INSERT:
25g Komuntu 80% Dark Chocolate
35g Almond flour
25g Crispy wafers
KOMUNTU 80% CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
250g Komuntu 80% Dark Chocolate
60g Neutral oil, such as grape seed oil
CRISPY CEREAL CLUSTERS:
5g Unsalted butter
20g Corn flakes
70g Komuntu 80% Dark Chocolate
10g Crispy pearls
- Preheat the oven to 330°F (165°C) using the fan setting.
- Mix the creamed butter with the salt, sugar, lemon zest, and instant coffee.
- Add the eggs one by one, whisking after each addition.
- Stir in the almond flour, then the melted chocolate.
- Sift the flour, yeast, and cocoa, then add to the previous mixture.
- Then, stir in the cream and milk.
- Finish by cutting the almonds into slivers and adding them.
- Pour into the previously greased insert cake mold, then bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- After removing from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove the insert tube, and turn out the cake onto the cooling rack.
- Once the cake has been turned out, allow it to cool completely for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the Komuntu 80% chocolate, then add the almond flour.
- Add the crispy wafer pieces and the slivered almonds.
- Then, fill the cake with the crisp and leave to set for 20 minutes.
- Melt the Komuntu 80% chocolate, then add the oil.
- When the icing temperature drops to 95°F (35°C), pour it over the cake positioned on a rack, then leave to set for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) on the fan-forced setting.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil. Immerse the slivered almonds into the boiling liquid for 2 minutes then drain.
- Spread the slivered almonds onto a sheet of parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once out of the oven, add the almond butter and mix in a bowl.
- Leave to cool.
- Temper the Komuntu 80% chocolate. For tempering, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Mix and check the temperature regularly.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie when the chocolate reaches a temperature of 120/130°F (50/55°C).
- Place the bowl of chocolate into a cold water bath.
- Mix and bring the chocolate down to a temperature of about 95°F (35°C).
- Remove the chocolate from the cold water bath and continue mixing to bring the chocolate to a temperature of 82/84°F (28/29°C).
- Place the chocolate bowl into the hot-water bain-marie, but not for too long to avoid overheating it.
- Bring it to a temperature of 88/90°F (31/32°C), then add the tempered chocolate to the mixture.
- Form small piles on a sheet of parchment paper, then add the crispy pearls on top.
- Leave to set for 10 minutes.
- When the crispy cereal cakes have set, place them onto the cake.
- Decorate the cake by placing the set crispy cereal cakes on top.