CHOCOLATE PRALINÉ CUPCAKES
An original recipe by by l’École Valrhona
Yields 15 cupcakes
Category: Cakes and Tarts
75g acacia honey
120g bread flour
25g Cocoa Powder
75g almond flour
7g baking powder
120g heavy cream 36%
50g chocolate liqueur (optional)
55g Oriado 60% chocolate
CHOCOLATE & ALMOND AND HAZELNUT WHIPPED PRALINÉ
600g 50% Almond & Hazelnut Praliné
195g Oriado 60% chocolate
30gMixed Crunchy Pearls
30g chopped hazelnuts
- Mix together the eggs, honey and sugar without whisking.
- Add the almond flour. Sift together the flour and Cocoa Power, then sift into the mixture. Add the baking powder.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the chocolate liqueur (optional) and, finally, the melted Oriado 60% chocolate and butter.
- Pour approx. 60g of mix into the silicone cupcake molds. Cover with greaseproof paper and place 1 or 2 trays on top to make a weight (so the cake stays flat and will not rise too much in the oven).
- Bake in a fan-assisted oven at 355°F (180°C) for approx. 15 minutes.
- Turn out once completely cooled.
CHOCOLATE & ALMOND AND HAZELNUT WHIPPED PRALINÉ:
- Mix the melted Oriado 60% chocolate and the Almond And Hazelnut Praliné 50%. Check that the temperature is between 113 and 118°F (45 and 48°C).
- Cool in a bain-marie until it reaches 75°F (24°C).
- Spread straight onto a silicone mat and leave to set for at least 3 hours at room temperature.
- When the Almond And Hazelnut Praliné with Oriado 60% chocolate has set, put it in a mixer and beat using the flat beater.
- Stop as soon as the consistency is “pipable”.
- Put the praliné-chocolate mixture in a piping bag and make a nice swirl on each cupcake.
- Garnish with Mixed Crunchy Pearls and a few chopped hazelnuts.
*Chef’s tip:You can coat the base of the cupcake before piping out the beaten praliné. You can switch Oriado 60% chocolate for Caraïbe 66% chocolate using exactly the same quantities.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account