PINEAPPLE COCONUT ALMOND TART
Almond Shortcrust Pastry:
2g fine salt
80g confectioners' sugar
30g almond flour
240g (60g + 180g) pastry flour
Almond and Coconut Custard:
180g confectioners' sugar
90g grated coconut
90g almond flour
Pineapple Rum Vanilla Compote:
10g lemon juice
4g Maïzena cornstarch
15g dark rum
1/2 ea vanilla bean
1/2 ea lime zest
Coconut Milk Whipped Ganache:
150g coconut milk
20g Acacia honey (or invert sugar)
135g IVOIRE 35%
225g heavy cream
18g Malibu liqueur
1/2 ea lime zest
- First mix the creamed butter, fine salt, confectioner's sugar, almond flour, egg and 60g of flour.
- As soon as the mixture is homogeneous, add the remaining 180g of flour in one go.
- Spread the mixture between 2 plastic sheets, then cut it into the desired shape. Store in the freezer for at least 1 hour before placing it in the base of the mold.
- Cream the butter then add in the confectioner’s sugar, cornstarch, grated coconut and almond flour.
- Gradually incorporate in the tempered eggs.
- Immediately use to garnish the strip of shortcrust pastry.
- Bake in the oven at 355°F (180°C) for approx. 18 minutes.
- Cut the pineapple into small cubes.
- Mix the lemon juice with the Maïzena cornstarch and seeds from the vanilla bean.
- Bring the mixture to a boil in a saucepan. Once the mixture has cooled, add the rum and lime zest.
- Heat the coconut milk with the honey and lime zest.
- Leave to infuse for 10 minutes then strain. Melt the 135g of IVOIRE 35% chocolate.
- IVOIRE 35% chocolate using a spatula to create an elastic, glossy texture – once you can see this, your emulsion has started to form.
- Finish by mixing with an immersion blender to make a perfect emulsion.
- Add the 225g of cold cream and the Malibu. Mix again.
- Seal using plastic film and store overnight in the refrigerator.
- Whisk the mixture before you use it so its texture will pipe easily.
- Use (2) 16cm frames or use one 16x32cm long frame or similar size.
- Place a strip of shortcrust pastry in a tart frame, then arrange the almond and coconut cream. Bake at 355°F (180°C) for approx. 18 minutes. Leave to cool a little and turn out.
- Make the pineapple compote. Once it has cooled, use a spoon to place it in the center of the tart. Leave in the freezer for approx. 1 hour.
- Whisk the coconut ganache and use a piping bag with a 16mm nozzle to pipe it into unevenly sized droplets.
- Finish off by decorating the tart with fresh coconut shavings, lime zest and, if you wish, some IVOIRE 35% white chocolate pieces.