FRENCH CHOCOLATE TART
Calculated for 20 small tarts
For the Pate Sablée:
250 grams butter
250 grams sugar
500 grams pastry flour
125 grams almond flour
5 grams salt
100 grams eggs
12.5 grams water
For the Ganache:
460 grams whipping cream
500 grams JIVARA 40% MILK CHOCOLATE
For the Chocolate Mousse:
125 grams sugar
3 ea egg yolks
3 ea whole eggs
350 grams CARAIBE 66% Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
500 grams whipping cream
For the Glaze:
324 grams water
778 grams sugar
580 grams whipping cream
290 grams glucose
216 grams VALRHONA COCOA POWDER
90 grams trimoline
30 grams gelatin sheet
- In the stand mixer with paddle, combine all the dry ingredients to a sandy texture.
- Then, add eggs and water and keep mixing just until it forms the dough. Do not over mix.
Soft JIVARA 40% ganache:
- Bring the cream to boil in a pot.
- Pour over the chocolate.
- Mix until well combined.
Dark Chocolate CARAIBE 66% mousse:
- Heat the sugar with enough water to make it sandy in a small pot.
- Place the yolks & eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on medium speed for few minutes.
- Cook the sugar to 242ºF (117°C) and pour over the yolks, whisking slowly at first and then rapidly once all of the sugar has been incorporated.
- Whisk the sabayon until it triples in volume and is nearly cool to the touch.
- Meanwhile, melt CARAIBE 66% in the microwave (not over 55°C) and whip the cream to soft peak.
- Quickly fold the very warm chocolate into the whipped cream, followed by the sabayon.
- Soak gelatin in ice water until softened; squeeze out any excess water and set aside.
- In a pot add water, sugar and glucose and cook to 217ºF (103°C). Stir and drain the gelatin.
- In a bowl, place chocolate in pieces. Pour hot mixture onto the chocolate and emulsify. Using a hand blender, add condensed milk and neutral glaze to the chocolate emulsion and stir well.
- Add food color, mixing well. Allow the glaze to set in refrigerator for 24 hours.