HAZELNUT AND STRAWBERRY COATED SHORTCAKES
AZÉLIA 35% WHIPPED GANACHE:
110g whipping cream 35%
10g glucose syrup
10g invert sugar or honey
165g AZELIA 35% CHOCOLATE
295g whipping cream 35%
SOFT HAZELNUT SPONGE:
160g egg yolks
105g plain flour
125g finely gorund hazelnuts
70g unsalted butter
190g egg whites
HAZELNUT & STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION CRUNCHY COATING:
400g STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION CHOCOLATE
60g grape seed oil
60g caramelized hazelnuts
SESAME NOUGATINE DECORATION:
1.5g pectin NH
65g unsalted butter
25g glucose syrup
85g toasted sesame seeds
- Slowly pour the mix (cream, invert sugar and glucose) onto the melted AZÉLIA 35% chocolate.
- Mix in the centre to form a shiny, elastic texture – this is a sign that you are starting to make an emulsion.
- Maintain this texture throughout the mixing process.
- Continue, adding the liquid little by little.
- Start mixing by hand, then using a hand blender. Set aside.
- Mix the ganache with the cold whipping cream.
- Leave to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 or 3 hours before whisking.
- The texture must be firm enough for the mousse to be used in a piping bag.
- Whisk the egg yolks. Add the sugar. Whisk by hand or in a food processor until the mix whitens and doubles in volume, creating a thick and smooth cream which flows in ribbons and falls back to the mixture leaving folds when you raise the whisk.
- In the meantime, melt the butter and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and finely ground hazelnuts.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks, while slowly adding the sugar.
- Mix part of the beaten egg white with the yolks and sugar.
- Add the sifted flour and powdered hazelnut to the mix, then the remaining egg whites.
- Finally, add the melted butter.
- Bake at 356°F (180°C) on a tray with a stainless steel frame for 25 minutes.
- Cool, then use a plain round 6cm cutter to cut the sponge into discs. Store in the refrigerator.
- Melt the STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION and add the other ingredients to it.
- Soak the soft hazelnut sponge discs (made in the previous step) in this mix.
- Leave to set on a rack and store in the refrigerator.
- Thoroughly mix the pectin NH and sugar.
- Heat the water, glucose and butter together.
- When the mixture reaches 113°F (45°C), add the pectin and sugar mix.
- Bring to the boil then add the toasted sesame seeds.
- Spread thinly and evenly between 2 sheets of baking paper.
- Set the oven to 356°F (180°C) to bake until the nougatine turns a amber caramel color.
- Take out of the oven, cut into 4cm diameter discs.
- Leave to cool on a rack.
- On each hazelnut coated sponge disc, pipe the AZÉLIA 35% whipped ganache using a fluted nozzle.
- Place a sesame nougatine decoration on each dessert, along with hazelnut slivers.
- Place a dessert on each plate.