INSPIRATION CORN CAKES
1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (80g) cornmeal, finely ground
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
1/2 cup (63g) flour
3/8 tsp (1.5g) baking powder
1/2 cup (125g) egg whites
2 1/8 oz (60g) Raspberry Inspiration, chopped or Strawberry Inspiration, chopped
Waina Whipped Ganache
2 3/4 oz (80g) Waina 35% White Chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup (58g) heavy cream
1/2 TBSP (12g) corn syrup
1/2 bean Norohy Vanilla Bean
2/3 cup (155g) heavy cream
AN fresh raspberries
AN fresh strawberries
AN Raspberry Inspiration or Strawberry Inspiration
AN berry purée (or sugar and lemon juice)
- To make the brown butter, heat butter in a small saucepan over low-medium heat until melted. Continue to cook until the butter begins to bubble and brown. Once the butter sticks to the bottom of the pot and is golden brown, remove from heat.
- Pour hot butter into a heat safe bowl and set aside to cool. You should have 5 TBSP (100g) of brown butter after cooking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, flour and baking powder.
- Add the egg whites and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Add cooled but slightly warm browned butter to the mix and stir again.
- Finish by folding in the chopped Raspberry Inspiration or Strawberry Inspiration pieces.
- Chill the financier batter. For best results, let set overnight before baking.
*Chef’s note: Financier batter can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to one month. The baked cakes are best consumed within 2 days.
Waina Whipped Ganache:
- For the vanilla cream: combine the first (smaller) quantity of cream in pot with the vanilla bean, split and scraped with seeds and the pod. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Infuse for 10 minutes. Strain the cream and rescale to get the original quantity, adding additional cream if needed.
- Return the cream to the pot and add the corn syrup. Return to a boil.
- Melt the Waina 35% White Chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 20-30 second intervals until just melted.
- Slowly pour the hot vanilla cream over the melted Waina 35% White Chocolate, mixing well with each addition.
- Pour the ganache mixture into a tall measuring pitcher and blend with an immersion blender.
- While the ganache mixture is still warm, immediately add the second (larger, cold) quantity of cream, adding the entire amount to the ganache mixture, and process again with an immersion blender.
- Pour into a shallow container and place plastic wrap directly on the surface. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before using. For best results, let set overnight before whipping.
*Chef’s note: *Whipped ganache can be made in advance and kept unwhipped in the fridge for up to 5 days. Once whipped, it should be consumed within one day.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account