STRAWBERRY & PASSION FRUIT ÉCLAIRS
Strawberry Whipped Ganache
495 g strawberry purée
Strawberry Inspiration Glaze
Passion Fruit Whipped Ganache
460 g passion fruit purée
Passion Fruit Glaze
240 g water
240 g whole milk
10 g salt
10 g sugar
190 g European butter
285 g all-purpose flour
475 g eggs
INSTRUCTIONSInspiration Mounted Ganache
- Heat the puree with honey. Gradually pour the hot mixture over the melted STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION or PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION . Mix with an immersion blender to complete the emulsion.
- Add the cold cream. Mix again.
- Refrigerate and let crystallize overnight.
- Make a syrup with sugar, strawberry puree and honey, cook at 219°F (104°C). Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and previously rehydrated gelatin and gradually pour over the melted STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION or PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION . Mix immediately with an immersion blender to perfect the emulsion.
- Add the coloring to slightly accentuate the color, and then mix. Keep in the refrigerator.
- USE: Heat the glaze to 89-93°F(32-34°C), mix with an immersion blender and remove as many air bubbles as possible then cool.
- Bring the milk, water, butter, sugar, and salt to a boil.
- Off the heat, add the flour. Place back on the heat and use a spatula to help evaporate any liquid off the dough.
- Put the dough in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to finish drying out and leave to cool.
- Beat the eggs one by one and gradually incorporate them into the dough.
- Pipe a line of the choux pastry.
- Bake until golden brown at 482°F (250°C), do not turn the oven on again, and keep the door closed. As soon as the choux pastry swells and turns golden brown, turn on the oven to put in the oven at 329°F (165°C) with the door slightly ajar for about 20 minutes.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
- Prepare the assembled ganache and glaze.
- Make 3 small holes on the bottom of the éclairs, on one each end and one in the middle.
- Make the choux pastry. Once the pastry is done and the ganache is finished add the ganache to a piping bag with a round tip and pipe from the bottom to fill the choux pastry.
- Melt the chocolate glaze at about 25°C (77°F) and freeze the éclairs. Once frozen dip the éclairs into the glaze. Decorate and keep in the refrigerator.