STRAWBERRY & PASSION FRUIT ÉCLAIRS
Strawberry Inspiration Mounted Ganache
Strawberry Inspiration Glaze
Passion Inspiration Mounted Ganache
Passion Inspiration Glaze
240 g water
240 g whole milk
10 g salt
10 g sugar
190 g European butter
285 g all-purpose flour
475 g eggs
INSTRUCTIONSInspiration Mounted Ganache
- Heat the pulp with honey. Gradually pour the hot mixture over the melted STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION or PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION . Mix with an immersion blender to complete the emulsion.
- Add the cold cream. Mix again.
- Refrigerate and let crystallize overnight.
- Make a syrup with sugar, strawberry pulp and honey, cook at 219°F (104°C). Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and previously rehydrated gelatin and gradually pour over the melted STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION or PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION . Mix immediately with an immersion blender to perfect the emulsion.
- Add the coloring to slightly accentuate the color, and then mix. Keep in the refrigerator.
- USE: Heat the glaze to 89-93°F(32-34°C), mix to homogenize and remove as many air bubbles as possible then cool.
- Bring water, milk, salt, sugar, and butter to a boil. Add the flour and dry out. Remove from heat and gradually add the eggs on at a time.
- Pipe a line of the choux pastry.
- Bake until golden brown at 482°F (250°C), do not turn the oven on again and keep the door closed. As soon as the choux pastry swells and turns golden brown, turn on the oven to put in the oven at 329°F (165°C) with the door slightly ajar for about 20 minutes.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
- Prepare the assembled ganache and icing.
- Make 3 small holes on the bottom of the éclairs, on one each end and one in the middle.
- Make the choux pastry. Once the pastry is done and the ganache is finished add the ganache to a piping bag with a round tip and pipe from the bottom to fill the choux pastry.
- Melt the chocolate icing at about 25°C (77°F) and freeze the éclairs. Once frozen dip the éclairs into the icing. Decorate and keep in the refrigerator.