Category: Cakes and Tarts
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
0.75 ounce (¼ cup) flour
2 ounces (⅓ cup) ground hazelnuts
3 ounces (6 Tbsp) sugar
3 egg whites
6 ⅓ ounces whipping cream
1.1 ounces (1 ½ tbsp) acacia honey
- Sift the flour with the ground hazelnuts and 4 Tbsp of sugar. Beat the egg whites until stiff, adding the rest of sugar quickly in order to obtain a perfectly smooth texture.
- Finish by folding the sifted dry ingredients into the egg whites with a spatula. Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F (190ºC) until it springs back when lightly touched.
Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- Boil the cream and the honey. Pour ⅓ of the cream over the Valrhona Chocolate. Mix rapidly with a spatula to create a smooth and glossy emulsion.
- Gradually keep adding the cream to the Valrhona Chocolate while mixing. (Put a damp towel under the bowl to keep in place). Maintain the smooth and glossy texture until all cream is incorporated.
- Pour ⅓ of the ganache into a ring mold or cake pan.
- Top with a circle of the biscuit. Pour an additional 1/3 of ganache over the top and place another biscuit circle on top.
- Cover with the remaining ganache and finish with the last biscuit circle. Freeze over night, unmold and turn over so the ganache layer is on top.
- If you have used a cake pan instead of a ring, you will need to slightly warm the bottom to remove it, then turn it over. Decorate with additional ganache. Leave to defrost for a minimum of 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
Best enjoyed topped with whipped cream and with coffee or tea.