LUXURIOUS CHOCOLATE TART
Category: Cakes and Tarts
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 20 min
Freezing Time: 30 min
Refregiration Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Almond Shortcrust Pastry
1 stick (4 oz./120 g) butter, room temperature
½ tsp (2 g) salt
2/3 cup (3 1/4 oz / 90 g) confectioner's sugar
3 Tbsp (½ oz / 15 g) almond flour
1 ea egg
2/3 cup (2 oz / 60 g) cake flour
2 cups (6 oz / 180 g) cake flour
12 1/3 oz (350 g) ITAKUJA 55% Dark Chocolate
1 cup (250 ml / 250 g) whipping cream
1 Tbsp (15 ml) honey
3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp (1 3/4 oz / 50 g) butter (diced)
AN melted chocolate to brush the tart shell
Almond Shortcrust Pastry:
- Soften the butter and combine it with the salt, confectioner's sugar, almond flour, egg, and 2/3 cup (2 oz./60 g) cake flour. As soon as the ingredients are mixed through, add the remaining flour, and mix quickly, until just combined.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/8 inch (3mm) between 2 sheets of acetate or parchment paper. Place it completely flat in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When the dough has hardened, peel off the sheets and cut it out to the desired shape.
- Line your tart mold or pan with the dough and return it to the refrigerator for 30 minutes (so it retains its shape during baking), then preheat the oven to 300°F-325°F (150°C-160°C) and bake until it turns a nice golden color, about 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate and melt it slowly in a bain-marie or in the microwave (on “defrost” or at 500 W maximum, stirring every 20 seconds).
- Bring the cream to a boil with the honey.
- Gradually pour one-third of the boiling cream over the melted chocolate. Using a flexible spatula, mix in energetically.
- Incorporate the second third of the cream-honey mixture, using the same procedure. Then repeat with the last third.
- When the temperature cools to 95°F-104°F (35°C-40°C), stir in the diced butter. Process for a few seconds using an immersion blender so that the mixture is smooth and perfectly emulsified.
Assembly & Finishing:
- Brush a fine layer of melted chocolate over the cooled tart shell to seal it.
- As soon as it has hardened, pour the ganache into the shell and chill for about 2 hours.
- Serve it at room temperature.
- Be sure to eat this tart the day you make it if you want to enjoy the crisp pastry and creamy ganache at their best.