MANJARI CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
An original recipe by Sarah Tibbetts, Valrhona Pastry Chef
Yields (1) 1/4 sheet pan (14-21 portions) or 20 individual rounds
Category: Cakes and Tartsz
90g unsalted butter, cold
90g raw cane sugar
90g almond flour
75g AP flour
15g Cocoa Powder
0.5g fine sea salt
40g unsalted butter, room temp
660g cream cheese, room temp
450g mascarpone, room temp
3.5g vanilla paste
150g eggs, room temp
340g whole milk
285g Manjari 64% chocolate
6g corn syrup
200g Manjari 64%
1ea Norohy Vanilla bean
Vanilla poached cherries:
200g vanilla syrup, hot
200g fresh cherries, pitted and halved or quartered
12g fresh lemon juice
Cheesecake and Filling:
- Make the crust first- cube the cold butter and reserve in the refrigerator.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the raw cane sugar, almond flour, AP flour, cocoa powder, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the cold cubed butter and mix until the butter is broken up into very small pieces. Stop mixing before the mixture completely comes together.
- Spread the crumble on a parchment lined baking tray and bake at 325F for 12-15 min. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, break up into small pieces- by hand or pulse in a food processor. The pieces should be no larger than pea-sized.
- Combine the crumble and soft butter. Lightly press into the bottom of one 1/4 sheet pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper OR divide into a flex mold (Demarle ref. 1269 or similar) and press into the bottom of each cavity (approx 15g per mold). Bake at 325F for 8-10 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, make the filling.
- Combine cream cheese and mascarpone in the bowl.
- Of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until smooth
- Add the sugar, then vanilla paste and eggs- mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Heat the milk to make a ganache- slowly pouring the hot liquid over the melted chocolate in several additions, mixing well after each.
- Add a small amount of the cheesecake base to the ganache and mix well.
- Add the ganache mix to the remaining cheesecake filling on the mixer and mix until smooth and incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust. For the individual rounds, pour 40-50g filling per cavity mold.
- Bake at 300F until the cheesecake is completely set in the middle. For the 1/4 pan bake approx 30 minutes and for the individual rounds, bake approx 20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Cool at room temperature, then freeze for ease in unmolding and cutting.
- Combine the sugar, water, corn syrup, and cream in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted.
- Slowly pour the hot liquid mixture over the melted chocolate in several additions, stirring well before adding more. Once all the liquid is incorporated, finish with a hand-held immersion blender.
- Cool slightly before using or chill until ready to serve.
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan. Split and scrape the vanilla bean, adding both the seeds and pod to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 1 min. Remove from heat and use immediately.
Vanilla poached cherries:
- Prep the cherries and place in a container.
- Pour over the hot vanilla syrup and add the lemon juice.
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature before refrigerating.
- Unmold the frozen cheesecake, and cut into desire size. Allow to defrost in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, garnish with warm chocolate sauce, vanilla poached cherries and dark chocolate pearls or decor
- Cheesecake cake be frozen for up to 1 month.
- *Cutting the cheesecake: 6.5cm x 4cm for 21 portions 10 cm x 4cm for 14 portions
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account