MINI GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CAKES
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
60g acacia honey
70g almond flour
95g heavy cream 36%
60g brown rice flour
45g potato starch
6g baking powder
20g COCOA POWDER
80g melted butter
45g GUANAJA 70% chocolate
"DARK CHOCOLATE WHIPPED GANACHE:
81g GUANAJA 70% chocolate
205g heavy cream 36%
101g heavy cream 36%
22g corn syrup
CHOCOLATE CRUNCHY COATING:
200g GUANAJA 70% chocolate
20g grape seed oil
50g slivered almonds
- Mix the eggs, honey and sugar without whisking.
- Sift together the rice flour and starch, then add to the mixture along with the almond flour, COCOA POWDER and baking powder. Mix everything together then pour in the cream.
- Finally add the melted GUANAJA 70% chocolate and butter.
- Pipe 30g of cake dough into a 3.5×3.5cm cube-shaped silicone tin.
- Cover the molds with baking paper and place a baking sheet over them to prevent the dough from rising too much in the oven.
- Bake in a fan-assisted oven at 355°F (180°C) for about 15 minutes.
- Check it is fully baked by inserting a knife into the center.
- If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Heat 101g whipping cream with the corn syrup and gradually pour in three batches over the partially melted GUANAJA 70% chocolate, stirring to form a smooth emulsion.
- Immediately mix using an immersion blender to make a perfect emulsion.
- Add the larger portion of cold cream (205g).
- Mix using an immersion blender again.
- Leave to set in the refrigerator preferably for 12 hours.
- Whisk until the texture is consistent enough to use in a piping bag or with a spatula.
- Melt the GUANAJA 70% chocolate at 115°F (45°C) and add the grape seed oil.
- Combine with the chopped almonds.
- Use the coating at a temperature of approx. 95°F (35°C).
- Once you have baked the mini cakes, removed them from their molds and left them to cool completely, freeze them for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate crunchy coating.
- Remove the cakes from the freezer and while they are still very cold, dip them fully into the coating. Repeat this step with all the mini cakes. Place them on a baking sheet and return them to the freezer.
- Meanwhile, beat the dark chocolate whipped ganache until it has a soft, light and fluffy texture.
- Using a piping bag with a fluted nozzle, make a swirl of GUANAJA 70% whipped ganache on each mini cake. Store in the refrigerator until serving.
*Chef’s tip: These cakes freeze very well, even with the whipped ganache topping. This allows you to prepare them in advance and store them in a box in the freezer. To defrost, place the cakes in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before serving.