NO-BAKE PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION CHEESECAKE
An original recipe by by Jessie Sheehan
Category: Cakes and Tarts
FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
275g graham crackers (two sleeves)
1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup, 170 grams unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION FILLING:
24 ounces (680g) cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup (60g) confectioners’ sugar
¾ tsp kosher salt
2 cups (310g) Passion Fruit Inspiration, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (355ml) heavy cream
FOR THE STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION GLAZE:
½ cup (75g) Strawberry Inspiration
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons heavy cream
TO MAKE THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- Grease a 9-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray or softened butter. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Place the graham crackers, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the melted butter and process until the crumbs are uniformly moistened, scraping the bowl if necessary.
- Transfer the crumbs to the prepared pan and using your fingers, firmly press them into the bottom and 2/3 of the way up the sides of the pan. Then use a measuring cup or straight-sided glass to tightly secure the crumbs into place. Freeze the crust while you make the filling.
TO MAKE THE PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION FILLING:
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium-low until smooth, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the cooled chocolate and the vanilla and beat 30 seconds more.
- In a separate bowl and with a hand mixer, whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks. Gently fold the cream into the chocolate filling.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared crust, smoothing the top with an offset spatula or butter knife. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cake for 4 to 5 hours.
TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY INSPIRATION GLAZE:
- Place all of the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second bursts, stirring after each, until melted and smooth Let cool to thicken slightly.
- Remove the sides of the pan and the bottom (by sliding a long, serrated knife between the crust and the metal bottom to loosen). Place the cake on a serving plate and pour the strawberry glaze over the top, spreading the glaze almost to the crust, but leaving the edges of the cake exposed. Place in the refrigerator to set up, about 20 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and serve with fresh strawberries on the side.
- The cake will keep tightly wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 3 days.
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account