PASSION INSPIRATION ÉCLAIR
An original recipe by L'École Valrhona, makes 40 éclairs
Category: Cakes and Tarts
Passion Inspiration Mounted Ganache
460 g passion fruit purée
100 g honey
1310 g PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION
1530 g whipping cream
Passion Inspiration Glaze
75 g passion fruit purée
100 g sugar
55 g water
125 g honey
100 g sweetened condensed milk
11 g gelatin
175 g PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION
150 g ABSOLU CRISTAL NEUTRAL GLAZE
15 g water
QS yellow food coloring
240 g water
240 g whole milk
10 g salt
10 g sugar
190 g european butter
285 g all-purpose flour
475 g eggs
Passion Fruit Inspiration Mounted Ganache
Passion Fruit Inspiration Glaze
- Heat the pulp with glucose and honey. Gradually pour the hot mixture over the melted PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION . Mix as soon as possible to complete the emulsion.
- Add the cold cream. Mix again.
- Refrigerate and let crystallize overnight.
- Make a syrup with sugar, strawberry pulp and honey, cook at 219°F (104°C). Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and previously rehydrated gelatin and gradually pour over the melted PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION. Mix as soon as possible to perfect the emulsion.
- Add the ABOSLUTE CRISTAL previously brought to a boil with the small amount of water and the colouring to slightly accentuate the colour, mix. Keep in the refrigerator. Let crystallize 12 hours before use.
- USE: Heat the glaze to 89-93°F(32-34°C), mix to homogenize and remove as many air bubbles as possible. Ice.
- Bring water, milk, salt, sugar and butter to a boil. Add the flour and dry out. Remove from heat and gradually add the eggs.
- Make the choux pastry in the shape of lightning or cabbage.
- For baking in a ventilated oven: - place the cabbage in the oven at 482°F (250°C), do not turn the oven on again and keep the key closed. As soon as the choux pastry swells and colours, turn on the oven at 356°F(180°C) and open the key. - or put in the oven at 329°F (165°C) with the key open for about 20 minutes.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
- Prepare the assembled ganache and icing.
- Make the choux pastry. Season the assembled ganache with water and then fill the flashes with lightning using a pocket equipped with a small plain socket.
- Melt the chocolate icing at about 25°C and freeze the flashes. Decorate with a shell. Keep in the refrigerator.