PASSION FRUIT AND MANGO TART
An original recipe by Karlee Flores
Active Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 4 hours
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp heavy cream
Passion Fruit Ganache
1/2 cup heavy cream
8oz Passionfruit Inspiration
2 cups fresh mango, cubed
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
Fresh mango, sliced
- For the crust, place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add in the chilled butter and place on high until the flour mixture is coarse and forms a ball when pinched together. Add in the egg yolk and cream and mix on low until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms into a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a parchment paper, gather and press down. Place another piece of parchment on top and roll out into a 9-10 inch circle, a few inches larger than your tart pan. Transfer on top of the tart pan, removing the parchment paper. Lift the edges and tuck into the corners of the tart pan and remove the excess dough off the edges. Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- When the puree/water is warm, sprinkle in the dry mix, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Score the bottom of the tart crust with a fork. Place a piece of parchment on the top of the crust and fill with pie weights or dry beans. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, remove the parchment and pie weights and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Passion Fruit Ganache:
- Chop the Inspiration and melt it slowly in a bain-marie or in the microwave (on “defrost” or at 500 W maximum, stirring every 20 seconds).
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Gradually pour one-third of the boiling cream over the melted chocolate. Using a flexible spatula, mix in energetically.
- Incorporate the second third, using the same procedure. Then repeat with the last third.
- When the temperature cools to 95°F-104°F (35°C-40°C), blend for a few seconds using an immersion blender so that the mixture is smooth and perfectly emulsified.
- Pour the ganache into the cooked pie tart and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- For the mango filling, place the mango, coconut milk, juice, and sugar in a blender and blend on high until all the mango chunks are gone and a smooth filling appears.
- Put the gelatin powder in cold water and set aside to bloom.
- Pour the filling into a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the mixture starts to steam and bubbles slightly, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the gelatin mixture until well combined and turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool about 10 minutes before pouring into the set tart.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
Validate your login
Or Sign In With
Create New Account