VEGAN RASPBERRY ALMOND TART
7oz (200g) raspberry purée*
5.4 fl oz (160g) water
3 TBSP (30g) sugar
1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch
6oz (170g) RASPBERRY INSPIRATION
Almond Shortbread Dough
3/4 cup + 1 TBSP (180g) vegan butter*
2/3 tsp (3g) salt
1 1/8 cup (135g) powdered sugar
1/2 cup (45g) almond flour
3 TBSP (28g) egg replace powder
2 fl oz (64g) water (for egg replacer powder)
2/3 cup (90g) all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cup (263g) high gluten flour
AN fresh raspberries
AN freeze-dried raspberries
- Combine the raspberry puree and water in a pot and begin to heat.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- When the puree/water is warm, sprinkle in the dry mix, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil- cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt the RASPBERRY INSPIRATION in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals until just melted.
- Pour the hot liquid over the melted couverture in several additions, mixing well after each.
- Finish by processing with an immersion blender.
- Use warm or refrigerate and warm before pouring into shells.
*Chef’s note: *Frozen puree is best for consistency, as the sugar is regulated. If making your own purée, process to remove the seeds and add 10% sugar.
Almond Shortbread Dough:
- On the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the vegan butter, salt, sugar and almond flour.
- Mix until creamy.
- Add the water to the egg replacer powder and let set several minutes, then add to mixture and mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour first, mix, then add the high gluten flour and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Roll between parchment to 2mm and freeze until ready to use.
*Chef’s note: *Mikoyos Vegan Butter works well in this recipe.
- On the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the almond praline until smooth.
- Melt the Almond Inspiration in a microwave-safe bowl, in 30-second intervals, until just melted- add to the praline.
- Crush the cereal into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Remove from bowl and place on parchment.
- Roll to a thickness of 3mm and freeze until ready to use.
*Chef’s note: *For the cereal, any cereal can be used if it is vegan with little to no sugar.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING