RASPBERRY AND VANILLA TART
ALMOND SHORTCRUST PASTRY:
1g fine salt
40g confectioners' sugar
15g almond flour
120g AP flour
RASPBERRY PRESSED SHORTCRUST PASTRY:
95g Baked Almond Shortcrust Pastry
60g crêpe dentelle wafer biscuit
95g RASPBERRY INSPIRATION
150g raspberry purée
45g granulated sugar
4g pectin NH
15g lemon juice
- First mix the cold butter, fine salt, confectioners' sugar, almond flour and AP flour.
- Once the mixture has formed into crumbs, add the egg.
- Stop mixing when the dough is homogeneous.
- Spread the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a thickness of 3mm, then set aside for 1 hour in the freezer.
- Bake at 325°F until golden brown.
- Chop or break up the baked shortbread into small pieces. (You can pulse in a food processor, but be sure not to over-process.)
- Add the crêpe dentelle and melted RASPBERRY INSPIRATION.
- Gently mix together.
- Immediately spread the mixture into a 30×10cm frame.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Heat the raspberry purée and glucose to 104°F. Mix the sugar with the pectin NH then add it to the heated purée.
- Boil then add the lemon juice.
- Immediately pour into 2.5cm silicone half-sphere moulds, then store in the freezer.
- Melt the IVOIRE 35% chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave in 20 seconds increments, stirring between each.
- Combine the smaller amount of cream with the honey in a pot.
- Infuse the split and scraped vanilla bean in the hot cream.
- Bring vanilla cream mixture to just under a boil and then slowly pour over the melted IVOIRE 35% to create an emulsion.
- Blend with an immersion blender to completely emulsify.
- Add 270g of the cold cream. Blend with an immersion blender again.
- Pour into a shallow container and seal the surface with plastic wrap and allow to crystalize in the refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to use, whip the IVOIRE & VANILLA WHIPPED GANACHE with a mixer to medium stiffness.
- Randomly arrange some half-spheres of raspberry confit on the pressed shortbread.
- Whip the IVOIRE 35% vanilla ganache to soft peaks with on a stand mixer with a whip attachment or by hand .
- Place the whipped ganache in a piping bag and cut the tip on an angle.
- Pipe the ganache unevenly into the tart’s base and between the half-spheres. Freeze.
- If you want individual bars, slice the tart into 3cm wide strips. This will give you 10 bars of 10×3cm.
- When you are ready to serve, garnish with fresh raspberries.