IVOIRE 35% & STRAWBERRY PAVLOVA
100 grams egg whites (3 whites)
80 grams sugar
80 grams icing sugar
11cl whipping cream
10 grams fresh verbena leaf
150 grams IVOIRE 35% WHITE CHOCOLATE
225 grams whipping cream
- Beat the egg whites on a slow speed until the air bubbles are evenly distributed. Gradually add the sugar to give the whites an airy mousse texture.
- Use a spatula to carefully add the icing sugar (which you have sifted in advance) into the mix.
- Use a spoon to place the meringue in a ring on a tray covered with baking paper. Remove the ring, then bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 212°F (100°C)
*Chef’s note: You don't have to use a ring to arrange the meringue – just use a spoon to spread it out roughly.
Baking time: between 40 minutes and 2 hours, it depends on the texture and the size you prefer your Pavlova.
- Heat the smaller portion of cream. Once the cream is hot, infuse the verbena leaves in it for 10 minutes and strain.
- Melt the IVOIRE 35% white chocolate.
- Use a whisk to gradually pour the hot cream over the melted Ivoire white chocolate, stirring vigorously all the while.
- Add the large portion of cold liquid cream, then mix in an electric mixer. Store in the fridge for 12 hours.
*Chef’s note: You can use lemon zest for your infusion or replace the verbena with orange blossom water.
- Use a whisk to whip the verbena cream until it forms stiff, airy peaks. Place the cream on the meringue and spread using a spoon.
- Cut up some fresh strawberries and put them on the cream. Decorate with a small amount of icing sugar and a few verbena leaves. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
*Chef’s note: You don’t have to use strawberries – mangoes, pineapple and lime also work, among others.