ALMOND SHORTCRUST PASTRY:
102g confectioner’s sugar
35g almond flour
68g + 195g all-purpose flour
IVOIRE 35% & STRAWBERRY WHIPPED GANACHE:
200g Heavy cream 36%
20g corn syrup
200g IVOIRE 35%
250g strawberry purée
STRAWBERRY & PASSION FRUIT COMPOTE:
115g strawberry purée
135g passion fruit purée
25g corn syrup
3g pectin NH
1g gelatin (rehydrated in 5g of cold water)
- Mix the creamed butter, salt, confectioner’s sugar, almond flour, eggs, and the smaller portion of flour. Do not beat the mixture.
- Once the mixture is well incorporated, add the remaining flour.
- Store in the refrigerator or spread out immediately to a thickness of 2-3mm.
- Bake on a perforated tray at 310°F (155°C).
- Use a rolling pin to break the shortcrust pastry into large pieces, then add in the raw cane sugar and wheat flake cereal. Melt the butter and the IVOIRE separately at 100-120°F (45-50°C). Use the back of a knife to score the vanilla bean.
- Use a spatula to delicately mix the ingredients together.
- Immediately put the mixture in a ring and press down with a spoon.
- Store in the freezer.
- Heat the smaller portion of cream and glucose to immersion blend, then make a ganache by gradually combining the hot cream with the melted IVOIRE. Add the larger portion of chilled cream and strawberry purée to the ganache to immersion blend. Leave to set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before whisking.
- Heat the strawberry and passion fruit purées and glucose together at 105°F (40°C).
- Add the pectin and sugar mixture, bring to a boil, and finish off by adding the rehydrated gelatin. Boil again for 1-2 minutes. Pour into a silicone mold of the same diameter as your tart, to a depth of 5mm. Store in the freezer.
- Arrange the strawberry and passion fruit compote on the pressed shortcrust base. Add a few cubed fresh strawberries. Pipe the IVOIRE and strawberry whipped ganache onto the compote using a 12mm plain round nozzle. Decorate with a few halved strawberries.