An Original Recipe by L'École Varhona Makes 24 cakes
Category: Cakes and Tarts.
490 g whole eggs
140 g honey
240 g sugar
170 g almond flour
240 g all-purpose flour
14 g baking powder
230 g whole milk
190 g clarified butter (melted)
Inspiration Crunchy Finishing:
350 g Yuzu Inspiration
17 g cocoa butter
35 g grapeseed oil
Almond Cake Mix
- Mix together the eggs, honey and sugar.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, then add these to the mix along with the powdered almond.
- Pour in the milk and clarified butter.
Inspiration Crunchy Finishing
- Mix the melted Yuzu Inspiration and melted cocoa butter with the oil.
- Use at 85-95 °F (30-35°C).
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
- Prepare the cakes and add 20% (by weight) of the chopped Yuzu Inspiration. Fill 5 cm cube molds with approx. 70g of the mixture. Bake at 340°F (170°C) for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. Then freeze.
- Turn out the cakes and store them in the refrigerator.
- Finish using a piping bag without a nozzle to make a dab of crunchy frosting (approx. 15 g) in the square mold you used for your cakes, then put the cake cubes straight back on top to partially ice them.