SUMMER BERRY SHORTCAKE
Category: Cakes and Tarts
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 50 min
For the Drop Biscuits:
195g all-purpose flour
15g granulated sugar
7.5g baking powder
310g heavy cream
80g IVOIRE 35% WHITE CHOCOLATE
For the White Chocolate Whipped Ganache:
20g glucose or corn syrup
264g heavy cream (cold)
145g IVOIRE 35% WHITE CHOCOLATE
White Chocolate Whipped Ganache:
- Combine all the dry ingredients. Add the whipping cream and mix until smooth. Add the chopped IVOIRE 35% chocolate.
- Divide into 10 portions, shape into balls and place onto a parchment or Silpat lined tray. Bake at 177°C (350°F) for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine the first portion of cream and glucose in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Melt the IVOIRE 35% chocolate, slowly in a microwave, to 43°C (110°F). Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- In several additions, add the hot liquid to the melted chocolate, stirring well between each addition.
- Once all the hot liquid is combined, mix well with an immersion blender, then add the second addition of cold cream and mix again. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before using (overnight is ideal).
Assembly and Finishing:
- Slice the biscuits in half and dust the top portion with confectioners’ sugar.
- Whip the ganache by hand until soft peaks. Place a large dollop on the bottom portion of the biscuit and garnish with assorted berries.
- Finish with the biscuit top and berry sauce or puree.