Viennois Coffee Biscuits:
40g egg yolks
105g whole eggs
110g (85g + 25g) sugar
65g egg whites
5g coffee powder
DULCEY 32% Coffee Creme:
225g whole milk
45g egg yolks
45g coffee grounds
185g DULCEY 32%
2g gelatin sheet
IVOIRE 35% Mascarpone Ganache:
105g whole milk
20g acacia honey
85g IVOIRE 35%
100g heavy cream
200g brewed espresso
DULCEY 32% Hazelnut Glaze:
800g DULCEY 32%
80g grape seed oil
200g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Mix the yolks, whole eggs and 85g of sugar with an electric mixer.
- Whip up the egg whites with the remaining 25g of sugar.
- Mix the whipped egg whites with the first mixture and add the sifted flour.
- Weigh 360g of the mixture and spread out with an angled spatula on a 30 x 40 cm baking sheet. Sprinkle over the coffee powder.
- Bake at 230°C (446°F) for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- On medium heat, heat the milk to a simmer and pour in the coffee. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes. Filter out the coffee.
- Using a whisk, mix the egg yolks and sugar. On this mixture, pour the coffee infused milk while stirring. Be careful to not cook the egg yolks.
- Return everything to the saucepan over low heat. Stir gently until the creme has thickened slightly. Check with the thermometer that the temperature reaches 82°C (179.6°F).
- Once the temperature is reached, remove the pan from the heat and strain the creme. Soak the gelatin sheet in cold water and add to mixture.
- Blend with an immersion blender with melted DULCEY 32% to perfect the emulsion.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Heat the whole milk with the honey.
- Pour in the melted IVORY 35% and stir energetically.
- Mix in the cold cream with the mascarpone. Mix again to perfect the emulsion.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator ideally overnight.
- Heat the coffee and mix in the sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Melt the DULCEY 32% at 40°C (104°F) and add the grape seed oil with chopped roasted hazelnuts. Use at around 35°C (95°F).
- Cut 3 strips of biscuits measuring 30 x 10 cm. Soak the biscuits in the coffee syrup.
- In a dessert frame 30 x 10 x 5 cm high, place a strip of biscuit and smooth over 120g of DUCLEY 32% Coffee Cream. Place in the freezer.
- Smooth 120g of whipped ganache on the first layer of DULCEY 32% Coffee Cream. Place another soaked biscuit on top. Place everything in the freezer.
- Proceed in the same way as above a second time.
- Once well frozen. frame and cut 3 cm wide pieces.
- Coat top and sides with DULCEY 32% Hazelnut Glaze. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator. Best served the next day.