WAINA PRALINÉ CINNAMON ROLLS
An original recipe by l’École Valrhona Pastry Chef Sarah Tibbetts.
Category: Cakes and Tarts
1 cup milk
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 ½ cups flour, divided
½ cup light brown sugar
1 each egg
2 ¼ tsp quick rise yeast (1 envelope)
1 tsp salt
As Needed vegetable oil or spray
Cinnamon Praliné Filling:
¾ cup ALMOND HAZELNUT PRALINÉ
1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
White Chocolate Frosting:
½ cup cream cheese
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
2 tbsp butter, soft
1 pinch salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup WAINA 35% white chocolate
- Combine the milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat until yhe butter is melted and the mixture is warm (120-130ºF/48-54ºC). In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, egg, yeast and salt.
- Mix it manually using a spatula, then add the warm milk/butter mixture. Return to the stand mixer and add the remaining 2 ½ cups of flour. With the dough hook, mix on low to medium speed until the flour is incorporated. Once a dough begins to form, increase the speed to medium and mix until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the mixer bowl and gently knead on a lightly floured surface to make a ball.
- Oil a large bowl and place the dough in the bowl, turning the coat to the top of the dough. Cover it with plastic film and a dry kitchen towel. Let it rise in a warm area until it has doubled in volume (takes between 2 ½ to 3 hours).
- Punch down dough and reserve it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Cinnamon praliné filling:
White chocolate frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the room temperature cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, butter, salt and vanilla extract. Melt the chopped white chocolate and add to the mixture, mixing well. Use immediately.
Assembly & Finishing:
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 15x11" rectangle. Using an offset spatula, spread an even layer of the Cinnamon Praliné Filling on the dough, leaving a ½" border.
- Starting with the long side, roll up the dough to create a log. Trim the ends off and cut into 1-inch slices, using a sawing motion to ensure filling stays in the rolls. Grease a 9x13" baking pan and lay rolls evenly in the pan, swirl side up. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise in a warm area until doubled in volume, about 40-45 minutes.
- Bake at 350ºF (176ºC) for 15-20 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before finishing with frosting and OPALYS 33% Crunchy Pearls.